Saturday, June 18, 2011

Insanity Day 6: Plyometric Cardio

Today the calendar looped back around and had me popping the Plyometric Cardio DVD back in. I knew what I was in for and so was better able to jump from move to move. I would love to say that it was easier this time around, but it wasn't at all! That is the entire point of Insanity, it never gets easy, because instead of going at someone else's pace, you always go at your own personal best. There is always another level to reach, another plateau to break.

Yesterday the stupid tumor in my lumbar spine was aggravated and swollen, making me weak from the waist down and causing annoying pain in my lower back. I could barely sleep last night and could feel the pain threatening to break through as I warmed up for Insanity. I worked through it and just tried to maintain proper form, but when it came to the "High Knees" move my legs would not pump up and down at all. I settled for forcefully crunching each knee up to my chest one at a time, minus the little hop in between. Mountain Climbers require a similar move where you are supposed to hop from leg to leg, raising your knees to hip level each time, that my legs just wont do. Its not about being tired at all, having weakness like this almost feels like being under water at times, there is an invisible hand just holding my legs down. Instead of giving in, I pushed the entire way and did my best!

Nutrition: Last night was pizza night and I am supposed to let myself just eat without guilt that one time a week. I had 5 pieces of pizza and some cheese bread, and 2 diet 7ups. It felt so good, and I worked hard to just push the guilt away. Life is too short to never indulge!

No comments:

Post a Comment