Sunday, June 12, 2011

Insanity w/Weight Lifting

Wow, I am a total quitter. Well, a bloggy quitter. In the past couple of months I've been running less but started lifting heavier weights and eating really clean. I still tend to gorge most weekends but managed to drop my body fat percentage down to 16.7% a couple of weeks ago!

Then... Mica turned 5. There was Costco pizza, cake, chips... leftovers. That was a week ago and I've gained 2"on my waist. Pretty much everything I had lost by friggin starving for 2 months was completely undone. How is that fair??

So tomorrow I am starting Insanity!!! Yes, Paul's Uncle Franky let me steal his set since he's lifting right now. I'm gonna try doing it the prescribed 6 days a week, with weights 3 days a week on top of it.
Ummm looking at this routine I am overtraining again, but I just bought a gym membership and have a workout partner who I've committed to this plan with. Insanity in the AM, quick weights with Paul in the PM MWF?

M-S Insanity!!!!

Monday
Chest: flat bench, incline bench, dumbell flys, pullovers
Shoulders: Military press, lateral raises, bent over dumbbell laterals
Jacknifes

Tuesday PM Yoga Class

Wednesday
Back: Chin Ups, lateral pull downs, deadlifts, t bar rows
Triceps: Bench Dips
Incline crunches w/ medicine ball
Wednesday PM Grappling Class

Friday
Legs: Squats, calf raises, leg curl, leg extension, hip abductors
Pilates

Nutrition: 5 meals a day for a total of about 2000 calories.
Examples:
Day 1
1. Banana preworkout and Protein Shake mid workout
2. Egg White, veggie sausage and 1/2 whole grain thinwich
3. Greek Yogurt
4. Protein shake with almond milk
5. fist size portion whole wheat protein plus pasta & organic sauce, steamed broccoli mixed in.
Day 2
1. Banana preworkout and Protein shake mid workout
2. Egg whites & salsa on whole wheat tortilla
3. fist size serving steel cut oats with flax and cinnamon
4. Protein shake with almond milk
5. fist size serving Mac n Cashew Cheese, 2 morningstar farms "hot wings" and steamed edamame

No eating after 8
No liquor at home
Friday night pizza night and Sundays off, within reason

No comments:

Post a Comment