Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Insanity: Day 2- Plyometric Cardio Circuit

I decided to really just focus on Insanity for a few days and gauge my body's reaction before adding my weight routine back in. See... I can do moderation!

Today was my first real day of Insanity and I was nervous to start after all the smack everyone talked. I popped it in and got my water and towel ready. Shaun T took us through a good warm up, and then started drills. 3 minutes of drills followed by 30 second resting periods for about 22 or 23 minutes, sandwiched between some deep stretches. I needed those rest periods! I was sweating like crazy and yelling at the TV. Get it! Push! Higher! JT joined in when the push up and plank style stuff started because I can't hear them telling me what to do and it messes up my form and timing to keep trying to watch the TV. So JT got down next to me and led me through it, that's my pookie! We sweated it out side by side, and at the end instead of resting they went right into some cardio boxing, so JT and I hit it hard and finished strong! I had to wipe up the floor, but there wasn't a puddle like on the advertisements, I did pretty good actually!

Even though I kept chugging water and stretching, I kept sweating for about 15 minutes after the video finished, and in the shower I wanted the water nice and cold. It's been about an hour and I feel energized and strong. I could definitely stack some weight lifting with this, but I'll back off and wait to see how I feel in the morning!

Yoga tonight at PMAC!

NUTRITION: I am not hungry, but if I don't eat I will end up binging later. The kids and I had a banana protein almond milk shake right now at about noon. In a little bit I'm making their lunch and I'll get some egg whites and veggie sausage down. Kale salad later, then Mac N Cashew Cheese & a couple of vegan hot wings for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment